Friday, June 17, 2016

Buffalo Ranch Chicken Spinach Salad

     After trying buffalo wings at Pizza Hut for the first time not long ago, I've fallen in love with the buffalo flavor, but my wallet wouldn't allow me to buy wings everyday, nor would my body appreciate it, so I had to get a little creative.
     I've really been trying to make healthier choices lately, so since I cannot eat lettuce, I often find myself eating different variations of spinach salad. Today I thought I'd mix it up with some buffalo chicken. It's amazing. I cannot remember where I got the recipe for this buffalo, but THANK YOU to whoever it was that posted the recipe. It is a little too hot, so I'm coating the throat with a warm jello drink. I really wished I had some cherry tomatoes and cucumber, but nope. Oh well!


     My son says he wants to be a chef when he grows up. Not a day goes by that he doesn't prepare me some pretend food. This reminds me of when I was a kid and getting my plate at a Ryan's restaurant. I always decorated my plate or at least made it stylish I goes you could say. A random man spoke to me when he saw my plate and said, "That's a pretty plate. I bet you'll be a chef." ... or at least something along those lines. Nonetheless, the memory has stuck with me. Between that man and my son, I've been inspired to care more about the presentation of my food.
     When I have a pretty plate, I know it may seem silly, but really, my mood is instantly better. It feels like a tiny reward. I put in that extra step of effort to make it nice and I am happy with it.